Monday 22 March 2010

Welcome!

Well hello everyone (anyone?), all blogs have to start somewhere and this one will have its genesis here and now. I've had various unsuccessful ,unfocused blogs in the past but I feel now is a good time to start afresh, what with the 2010 show season and various motorsport championships kicking off.
I have no personal hard and fast rules as to what I will and won't include in here but it will all be linked in a strong way to cars and to the people who ,like me, devote a large portion of their free time to them.
From a personal perspective I've always loved older cars. The various beetles, 2cv's, Renault 4's my dad had when I was younger not only infuriated my mum but instilled in me a deep seated interest in old, cheap cars that most members of the public consider at best laughable and at worst abhorrent. Clapped out old Fords move me to ecstasy, rusty Volvo's make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and the sound of a tatty BMW 325 with a well fettled engine thundering past makes me stop and gawp. Can anyone empathise here? If so please bookmark this blog and join me in what should be a cracking year for unappreciated cars in shows all over the UK. Thanks for reading,

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment