Tuesday 23 March 2010

Auction Fever

Ebay. I'm sure this is well covered territory but what an awful website it is when it comes to not being tempted by clapped out old cars? Innocent things like setting the search criteria from between £0-£1000 and the 1970-1992 soon turn into a huge list of 'watched' auctions, scoured and checked meticulously each day. At the time of writing I have five different cars that I'm keeping tabs on, all just about in budget, all requiring work and more money to get them up to form again. At my age it's insurance that proves the most problematic factor though. Sure I could just about afford that tatty V8 Soarer, but putting the specs of the car into an online insurance firm causes their website to grind to a halt. So inevitably it comes to the final hours and minutes of each car's auction and I sit here, occasionally chucking a cheeky bid in but always deeply relieved when I'm pipped to the post. I'd never have managed to get that '78 Mazda 323 home without a trailer anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment